- increases alertness and concentration
- reduces skeletal muscle tension and helps people to feel more relaxed
- leads to a more rapid metabolism of excess adrenaline and thyroxin in the bloodstream (i.e. it reduces the hormones which increase arousal)
- allows people to discharge their frustrations (which can aggravate phobias or panic reactions)
- helps you to feel good by stimulating the production of endorphins
- increases your...
“Im going to have a panic attack”. I always panic on trains”. “I’ll sweat and shake, everyone will see I’m anxious and think I’m weird”
You start to sweat and shake
“I feel so sick, I must look...
- repeated and regular