Below are a range of websites pertaining to mental health that you may find helpful. Please note that Anxiety Australia does not endorse any of the links listed. The resources and information are provided on the basis that all persons undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of the content.
- SoberRecovery.com (www.soberrecovery.com)Alcoholism and drug addiction rehab, treatment, information and help.
Lists treatment centers and detox, 12-step programs and A.A. meetings.
- Drug And Alcohol Abuse Detox & Treatment (http://chapmanhouseinc.com)Inpatient
provider of treatments for chemical
dependency and addictions
such as gambling and sex addiction.
- National Phobics Society (www.phobics-society.org.uk)
- Anxiety Coach (www.anxietycoach.com)
Dr. David Carbonells self-help website helps visitors overcome anxiety attacks, panic attacks, phobias, agoraphobia, fear of flying, fear of public speaking, and anxiety disorders.
- Anxieties.com (www.anxieties.com)
A free internet self-help site for persons suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder – OCD, fear of flying and post-traumatic stress disorder – PTSD. Extensive information and skills, plus the latest on helpful medications.
- Phobiafreeway.com (www.phobiafreeway.com)
Sy Cohn, MA. MFT, the “The Driving Therapist” has a self-help proven Survival Kit to help you with all your driving problems.
- Help-For.com (www.help-for.com)
Help for Anxiety, Phobias, OCD and Depression.
- Anxiety 2 Calm (www.anxiety2calm.com)
Looks at various quick fix therapies sold as cures for anxiety, panic and phobias, examines their effectiveness and suggests alternatives.
- Anxiety Panic Attack Resource Site (www.anxietypanic.com)
Help to those who suffer from anxiety attacks and panic attacks by offering information on symptoms, medications, treatments, and support.
- Anxiety Disorders Resource Center (www.anxietypanicattack.com)
Provides help and support for anxiety disorders including anxiety and panic attacks, social anxiety disorder, depression, and post traumatic stress disorder.
- Evelyn Goodman, PsyD., MFT (http://anxietyrecovery.com)
Anxiety Disorder Treatment and Recovery
- Music healing tips for Anxiety and panic disorder (http://www.soundfeelings.com)
11 helpful free tips show how to listen to music for transformation and healing
- Counseling for Relationship Issues (www.wespsych.com)
Licensed psychologist Nancy Wesson provides counseling and psychotherapy for overcoming shyness, relationship issues, codependency, depression, anxiety, self esteem, and grief/loss.
- CounsellingResource.com (counsellingresource.com)
CounsellingResource.com provides free information and resources on counselling and psychotherapy, offers definitions and diagnostic materials for anxiety disorders and mood disorders, and includes an extensive annotated bibliography.
- Psychology Directory (www.psychology-directory.com)
The source for Psychology Related Information.
- Life Coaching (http://wellbeing365.com.au)
The source for life coaching, mindfulness and meditation Information.
- Beyond Blue (www.beyondblue.org.au)
Depression help and information including news and events, discussion forum, depression research, resources and related organisations.
- A Complete Depression Guide (www.depression-guide.com)
This easy-to-understand, sympathetic guide deals with the entire range of feelings and emotions, and shows that
depression has many different forms as well as degree of severity with treatment options.
- Depression Treatment (www.anxiety-and-depression-solutions.com)
A personal web resource for anxiety, depression and general mental health.
- Depression Resource Guide (www.MyDepression.net)
Information on depression, antidepressants, treatments, and symptoms.
- Depression Directory (www.allofdepression.com)
Depression Directory designed to help users find depression information.
- Electroboy (www.electroboy.com)
Manic depression, often referred to as bipolar disorder, plagued Andy Behrman, author of “Electroboy,” a young bipolar man who had 19 electroshocks and lost memory after involvement in counterfeiting, jail time, house arrest hospitalization, and finally into healing.
- Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) (www.helpforibs.com)
Self-help and support for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, and bloating.
IBS and anxiety disorders often go hand in hand.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment (www.irritable-bowel-syndrome.ws)
Information on the range of treatments available for IBS, from drugs to alternative therapies.
- Ibstales.com (www.ibstales.com)
Read the Personal stories of irritable bowel sufferers and share your own experiences.
- Dealing With Bullying (www.bullying.com.au)
Information about how to deal with bullying from psychologist Evelyn Field, who is the author of “Bully Busting” (Finch 1999). Covers school and workplace bullying.
- Lone Parents (www.lone-parents.org.uk)
Provides support and advice to single parents. Have your say or add your pearls of wisdom. Also includes a back
to work diary, guest book and chat room.
- Mental Health Today (www.mental-health-today.com)
Information on Medical Clinicians, Links, Suicide, Find a Therapist and Articles on Mental Health Issues.
- JustBeWell.com (www.justbewell.com)
Steve Tromans, experienced established NLP Trainer and hypnotherapist in Harley Street, London, England.
- Mental Help Net (Mental Help Net)
The Mental Help Net website exists to promote mental health and wellness education and advocacy.
- Mental Health Matters (/www.mental-health-matters.com)
Information and resources about mental health issues.
- HealingWell.com (www.healingwell.com)
HealingWell.com is about living mindfully and healing well with chronic illness.
- Shes in Recovery (www.shesinrecovery.com)
An online community for women in recovery.
- Oxford Hypnotherapy And Hypnosis (www.hypnos.info)
Information on hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
- Enhanced Healing Through Music (www.enhancedhealing.com)
Description: Relaxation music, positive affirmations and online counseling for reducing stress and anxiety, promoting health, wellness and healing and improving self-esteem.
- BPD World (www.bpdworld.org)
Information, advice and support to any one affected by personality disorders.
- Schizophrenia World (www.schizophrenia-world.org.uk)
Information, advice and support to any one affected by schizophrenia.
- Depression World (www.depression-world.org.uk)
Information; advice and support to any one affected by depression.
- Dissociation World (www.dissociation-world.org.uk)
Information; advice and support to any one affected by dissociation.
- Abuse World (www.abuse-survivors.org.uk)
Information, advice and support to any one who is a survivor of abuse.
- Hyperhidrosis (www.hyperhidrosis.org)
Hyperhidrosis, a treatment for the cure for people who suffer from excessive sweating of the hand, face, underarm, facial blushing, hand sweating, excessive perspiration.
- Sleeping problems and disorders (www.soundsleeping.org)
Providing information on sleeping disorders and insomnia which you can put to your use and get over with your sleeping disorders.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Action (www.ocdaction.org.uk)
The national charity for people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and the related disorders such as Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Compulsive Skin Picking (CSP) and Trichotillomania.
- OCD World (www.ocd-world.org.uk)
Information; advice and support to any one affected my mental illness but focuses on obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Panic Attacks (www.panic-attacks.co.uk)
UK-based free panic attack and panic disorder online course. Also includes an audio program covering fear of the unknown, over-stimulated nervous and hormonal systems, and conditioning.
- Anxietypanic.com (www.anxietypanic.com)
This site offers help to those who suffer from anxiety and panic attacks by offering information on medications,
treatments and symptoms and support by offering a message board.
- Depression Anxiety disorders (www.depression-guide.com)
This easy-to-understand, sympathetic guide deals with the entire range of mental health disorder and shows that
anxiety disorder has many different forms as well as degree of severity with treatment options.
- Can you really stop panic attacks? (www.panicend.com)
A panic attack sufferer relates his personal story of how he overcame his fear.
- Panic Survivor (www.PanicSurvivor.com)
Information about anxiety, and other anxiety-related disorders.
- DOYOUPANIC.CO.UK (www.doyoupanic.co.uk)
This site shows that recovery from Anxiety, Obsessiveness and Depression CAN be realistically achieved – based on the fact that we can achieve ‘flow’ without ‘reacting’ to our ‘very normal’ initial thoughts.
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks Self Help Program (www.calmingwords.com)
Designed by an experienced and qualified counsellor, this downloadable program offers many proven ways to counter stress and to overcome anxiety and panic attacks. Comprehensive e-book and two audios.
- NY Public Speaking – Social Anxiety Center (www.speakeeezi.com)
Overcome public speaking and social anxiety in manageable steps. Includes free tips on overcoming stage fright, giving a prepared and impromptu speech, assertiveness, conversational skills, employment interviews and confrontation.
- Public Speaking Tips (www.antion.com)
Public speaking and internet marketing articles from Tom Antion.
- Advanced Public Speaking Institute (www.public-speaking.org)
Over 120 free articles on professional level speaking skills.
- Professional Public Speaking Tips (www.speak4money.com)
Learn how to turn your knowledge into cash either part time or full time in the lucrative speaking and training market.
- Public Speaking Tips (www.greatspeaking.com)
Free Ezine on advanced public speaking and presentations skills.
- NY Public Speaking – Social Anxiety Center (www.speakeeezi.com)
- Shake Your Shyness (www.shakeyourshyness.com)
- Effectiveness-Plus (www.effectiveness-plus.com)
Dr. Signe A. Dayhoff provides social effectiveness coaching and training and social anxiety resources to create effective social skills and confidence, alleviate performance anxiety, and optimize personal and work relationships.
- Help for Shyness (www.shynesshelp.com)
Helpful exercises, articles and advice on shyness including exercises for managing shyness and anxiety, exercises for shy people handling rejection, counseling, and dating tips.
- Social Anxiety UK (www.social-anxiety.org.uk)
A central resource for suffers of social anxiety (social phobia) in the United Kingdom. Includes success stories,
local groups and meetings, chat rooms, discussion forum and blushing information.
- Social Anxiety Disorder and Shyness (www.social-anxiety-shyness-info.com)
This website offers articles, newsletter, links to Social Phobia / Anxiety Disorder and Shyness. The author is a
psychiatrist. He is also author of the novel ‘The Saga of a Shy Fellow’.
- In The SpotLight (www.performanceanxiety.com)
No More Stage Fright Workshops and In the SpotLight book and CD, authored by Janet Esposito, M.S.W., to help people overcome fear of public speaking and performing. In addition to leading weekend workshops, Janet also provides individual phone coaching with people throughout the country and abroad.
- Shy Passions : Free Shy & Introverted Dating & Personals (www.shypassions.com)
Shy Passions is a free ‘Shy Dating’ site for introverts, and shy singles.
- Mind Tools Stress Management (www.mindtools.com)
Tips and techniques helping you manage the stress in your life.
- Stress Education Center (www.dstress.com)
Devoted to stress management for organizations and individuals, and information to enhance your levels of Health/Wellness and Productivity.
- Stress Management (www.stressmanagement.com.au)
Effective Ways to deal with Stress through Stress Management.
- Mind Tools Stress Management (www.mindtools.com)