Don’t miss out on the next Overcoming Public Speaking Anxiety course of the year, call now on 0429 883671 to enquire or book
- Tuesday 2nd April-21st May 2019, once a week for 8 consecutive weeks
- Thursday 25th April- 13th June,2019 once a week for 8 consecutive weeks.
- Tuesday 4th June-Tuesday 23rd July 2019, once a week for 8 consecutive weeks
- Thursday 20th June-Thursday 8th August, once a week for 8 consecutive weeks
- Tuesday 30th July-Tuesday 17th September, once a week for 8 consecutive weeks
- Thursday 15th August -Thursday 3rd Octoberr, once a week for 8 consecutive weeks
More courses to be announced.
Public speaking courses are commonplace in Melbourne, but this one is explicitly tailored to meet the needs of those who experience debilitating public speaking anxiety when participating in meetings and/or giving presentations.
- Designed for people who experience severe anxiety/panic
- Supportive group environment
- Run by a clinical psychologist with almost 25 years experience and professional training in the treatment of anxiety, panic and phobias
- More affordable than many other courses (Medicare rebates are available $650 course only costs you approximately $400)
- Concession holders discount price of $450, out of pocket only approx. $250 after Medicare rebate).
- 18 hours for $650 compared to other courses offering approx 6 hours.
- 8 x 2.2hr 15min weekly group sessions
- Course materials
Note: Groups run over 8 weeks from 7:15pm — 9.30pm
Groups not held on public holidays.
Group Sessions held at:
Hawthorn Community House 32 Henry Street, Hawthorn
Melbourne Clinical Psychologist, Catherine Madigan, understands that some people are more than just a little bit anxious about public speaking.
You have a social phobia and therefore you might be able to get a Medicare rebate for your individual and group consultations by consulting your general practitioner to see if you are eligible for a mental health care plan.
You dread public speaking, its not just a fear. You try to avoid public speaking. You may be absent from: school, work , university on days when you will be required to present to others, or participate in small groups or training days. You may have chosen your university subjects on the basis of whether presentations were required. You may have chosen a career path that had little public speaking. You might be self medicating your anxiety with alcohol or drugs.
Overcome your fear of public speaking
Catherine will meet with you one on one prior to the overcome fear of public speaking course to ensure that group treatment is appropriate for you.
Some people may require individual therapy prior to doing a group to overcome public speaking fear.
Individual sessions and 2 day weekend courses are also available.
Individual session are $185, Medicare refunds $124.50 so out of pocket only $60.50. . Concession card holders bulk billed for individual sessions. Catherine conducts public speaking anxiety courses in Melbourne throughout the year.
The individual session is 50 minutes and explores the factors making public speaking more or less difficult for you. We look at how anxiety affects your ability to present, e.g. Do you blush, sweat, shake? Do have difficulty breathing, do you mumble, speak too fast, fidget, fold your arms?
Questionnaires are administered and measures taken so we can track your progress throughout the public speaking group.
Why choose this public speaking anxiety course?
The participants in our groups experience real anxiety so when you attend one of Catherine’s overcome public speaking fear courses in Melbourne you know everyone in the program knows how stressed you feel about presentations as they are suffering too.
There are other public speaking courses in Melbourne but this course is specifically targeted at people who experience more than average degree of anxiety re presenting to an audience
This overcome fear of public speaking course in Melbourne aims to get you presenting without having a panic attack or experiencing a debilitating degree of anxiety.
This course aims to get you to the point where you can :stand up, speak slowly, loudly, clearly, make eye contact with the audience and appear competent.
Many of our participants have previously tried other public speaking courses in Melbourne but found that these courses were not tailored to the needs of people with a debilitating phobia, and therefore were too anxiety provoking.
Private health fund rebates may apply if you have extras cover. You will need to check whether you are covered for group therapy.
Medicare rebates are available for group therapy so please consult your G.P for a Mental Health Care Plan and a separate referral letter as it may entitle you to a rebate of $253.00
Phone (03) 9819 3671 or 0429 88 3671 for further information or to register for public speaking anxiety group therapy sessions.
Note: There are no refunds for non-attendance at sessions or for people who cancel within 5 working days of the course they booked for commencing.