COVID-19 THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC- LET’S THINK OF OTHERS AND DO THE RIGHT THING27/3/2020
During this COVID-19 crisis it’s important to be mindful that,( even though you may consider that you are not at risk of dying), you can be putting others lives at risk. I was at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre with a relative today and people with cancer are particularly vulnerable to the virus.
- Please ensure you wash your hands regularly with soap or use hand sanitizer and make sure you wash your hands for 20 seconds. If you don’t wash your hands for 20 seconds it is not effective.
- Please observe social distancing guidelines at all times. Do not stand close to people in queues, try to keep your distance, from shop assistants, if the shop says don’t go in the shop, don’t go in. If there is a limit on the number of people to be in a lift, or in a shop please heed the notice.
- If you have to sneeze or cough, don’t forget to cough into your elbow; do not cough into your hand.
- Try not to touch your face, eyes , mouth, etc.
- Disinfect your: car keys, mobile phone, desk, steering wheel, doors, taps, light switches regularly. etc
People with compromised immune systems due to cancer and other health conditions are already stressed enough. Please be considerate of others.