Due to certain Covid -19 related restrictions, we are not currently offering in person stress management workshops. Zoom sessions are available for individuals or teams at a time to suit you.
Effectively managing mental health in the workplace increases both staff productivity and employee wellbeing. We offer staff mental wellbeing courses and one on one mental health training in Melbourne.
The Incidence of Mental Health Problems in Australia
More than 1 million Australians experience depression, anxiety or substance related disorders each year.
1 in 5 Australians are affected by depression at some stage in their life.
Approximately 2/3rds of people who have depression will not seek help.
The Cost of Depression in the Workplace
According to a study by the University of Melbourne and Vic Health, ‘preventable job stress’, costs the Australian economy $730 million per year. This not only includes lost productivity due to absenteeism. It also takes into account staff being on the job, but unable to function to capacity. It also records government subsidised workplace counselling and medication.
- Each depressed employee has been estimated to on average, cost their employer $9665 per year.
- It is estimated $7878 could be recouped if depressed workers got treatment for their depression.
- Glaxo Smith Kline , the pharmaceutical company, found that employees with mental health problems were likely to be away from work 7.5 times longer than employees with physical illnesses.
Mental Wellbeing Workshops in the Workplace Include:
- Managing Depression in the Workplace
- Stress Management in the Workplace
- Managing Chronic Pain in the Workplace
- Overcoming Fear of Public Speaking in the Workplace
Catherine has almost 20 years of experience as a clinical psychologist. She has coached all sorts of people who suffer with depression, anxiety and chronic pain among other anxieties. She offers both group workplace wellbeing workshops, and individual therapy when required.
Our workplace wellbeing courses can be conducted on site at your location. They will be tailored to the needs of your organisation. If you are interested in book, and would like to workshop past case studies encountered by staff that is fine. It can be arranged as part of their mental health training course. We generally suggest anonymity and confidentiality of the individuals involved be preserved.
Mental health workshops in the workplace may be held for periods of one hour, several hours or even a day or two. This is depending upon the needs of the client.
Catherine has also provided stress management courses to schools such as Carey Baptist Grammar and Camberwell High School. Along with this she has assisted employers at organisations such as Precedence Health Care, Instrat Group, and Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency deal with workplace stress. She also participates with community groups and tertiary institutions (e.g.William Angliss).
For Enquiries About Our Workplace Mental Health Workshops
Phone (03) 98193671 or 0429 88 3671 today. You can also email us via the contact form on this site.
- Sanderson, K; La Montagne, T. Estimating the economic benefits of eliminating job strain as a risk factor for depression, Victorian Health Promotion Foundation, Melbourne, Australia, ISBN: 978-1-921822-01-8,2010
- Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research at the University of Queensland.